Everyone in India would have been spammed by the forwards about how we need to reduce usage of foreign Soaps etc. to help India, save foreign exchange, improve the quality of people's life in general. Some of the sectors they target:
- Food: I don't know what they have against this area but they target everything
- Restaurants Brands
- Beverages :Soft drinks, Tea, Coffee
- Instant Mixes and Noodles
- Desserts from Ice Creams to Chocolates
- FMCG: Soaps, Shampoos, Toothpastes etc.
- Electrical equipment
- Money Transfer platform: Theough I agree with this part due to the Invasion of Privacy
- Mobile Connections
- Home appliances
- Sun glasses
- Footwear especially: Shoes
- Mobile phones
- Software Products
These posts usually turn up once a decade. Thus, once and for all I wanted to explore what India does import and what we do with it.
The real problem are the ones below:
This makes me wonder of the jewellery and telephone traders are behind the above forwards. Are they trying to distract us from reality by painting the Target elsewhere? Thus, it is very simple to help India.
- Reduce fuel consumption
- Drive only when needed
- If your car will remain stationary for more than a minute, switch the engine off
- Accelerate and break steadily
- Removing the roof racks and other extra fittings (Spoilers!!!) when you don't need them.
- Check your car owner's manual and always ensure your tires are inflated to the proper air pressure
- Avoid Jewellery of the Gold and Diamond kind. There are multiple other ways to exhibit your wealth/ beauty/love.
- Reduce power consumption
- Shutdown your computer
- Choose LED bulbs
- Use a power strip to turn all devices off at once. Vampire electricity consumption is real.
- Turn off the lights. Some people need some lights just to feel safe. Watch the movie lights out to see how all the extra light is playing havoc with more than your wallet and power bills.
- Choose pale colors for your walls, ceilings, and floors. Reflect more light into your living space.
- Stop wasting money on the next shiny version of your existing phone. Also, when buying your phone, go for the version with higher RAM and Memory to increase its longevity.