Saarang Post part 4

Day 3: Main Quiz Prelims till 10:30 a.m.

Missed Sports and Entertainment quiz for Photography workshop. This session was supposed to be integral and separate but due to the Zeal of the audience (who all desired customized advice on the brand /make of camera to buy) the session could not be completed.

If you people have kept track, my client is missing in recent mention. The reason I found out when I called him up in the break. Our man was attending Dramatics.

OH OH!

In the break, amid the blare of 3 stalls, I met Niteesh Joshi, senior by an year.

Niteesh: Jacob is arriving tonight with the tickets for Jethro tull concert

Me: Good. Can you also get me 2 tickets For the Jal and Shivamani concert? My mom and Sister are interested.

Niteesh: I am not sure if he is bringing them. I will keep them for you in Bangalore.

Me: B.T.W. what was your Cat percentile?

After a discussion on strategies for abstract G.D.s and a Pizza for half a century, I was back at the workshop. Saw lot many familiar faces now. The speaker had learnt his lesson: He had completed 10 tips in the first session, now he was almost through with 12 in the 10 min I had delayed. Of course, that created a problem:

What was Tip 11?

Purva was the only one who seemed to be jotting down anything but even she could not help. So Now, it was unto Uthpala Raghavendra rao(R.G. ) after the session.

Me: Machchaa, can you show me Tip, 11 again?

R.G.: Don’t worry, we will share the complete presentation.

Me: Peace

R.G. let it forever be etched in the annals of the holy web-dom that thou did not fulfilleth thine promise till this day, the twenty sixth of the February in the 2006th year of our lord.

The JAM moderator Jimmy (the pioneering? protagonist of the Emami Fair and Handsome Ad) had prior commitments and so, the Jam Finals and Main Quiz Semi-Finals had to be swapped.

There were six Guys tied (at 11.5 points and 1.5 stars) .So; there was a Super tie-breaker.

The first round of 4questions all went above our heads. Last question: about origin of the Phrase Bottom-Line .Onlu one guy got it.

Thus it came to pass that Chinmay Hegde and I were ejected from Saarang Main quiz 2006. He stayed back while I left with my client and met Aditya Jeurkar outside. This Human had just composed 12 Haikus on the spot for the creative writing contest.

In the night, after the Decibels show was the Music by Duo Bertrand et cie. The Alliances françaises shows in Saarang have not received much publicity, but they certainly are Gooooooooddddddd. Duo Bertrand et cie continuing the tradition set by Matmatah, Started playing without a Sound check, a tune which literally swept everybody. They Rocked, Jazzzed and folked.They introduced the Audience to veuze Bagpipe and Chapman Stick. Also the famous event involving Aditya and S.M.S. occurred .For details contact:


Aditya

Kokonad Sinha

Nikhil

Me:D

After the concert, Sreejith asked me to contact Jacob a.s.a.p with money and buy the tickets.

[Background: My A.T.M. card expired in September. I could not locate my Mom’s card for a week now. Thus I was ‘subsisting’ on ‘interest-free loans’ from my friends]

Sreejith’s tone was such that I now thought I had a Cash crunch. Aditya and Nikhil bailed me out.

Meeting Jacob:

Me: Sreejith thought you would not give tickets without Cash

Jacob: Ya Slitia true.

Me: Then where are the Complimentary CDs?

Jacob: :D

ME: :D

Returning to Hostel, I was telling Sreejith all this when Vimal (my room neighbor remind me to type about his sleeping and eating patterns) got angry.

Vimal: Why should you keep asking others? It is your Job to keep your room tidy and things in order…..

At 2330 hours commenced Operation Clean 247 Jamuna

Comments

Khatta said…
dei tell me abt the incident tomorrow after d slot class !!
i thought this was saarang post part 4 ;)
Vinay said…
Thanx for the correction.

Popular Posts