The following is not a book review, nor does it say that I completely read the book being mentioned below.
- An advanced state of intellectual, cultural, and material development in human society, marked by progress in the arts and sciences, the extensive use of record-keeping, including writing, and the appearance of complex political and social institutions.
- The type of culture and society developed by a particular nation or region or in a particular epoch: Mayan civilization; the civilization of ancient
- The act or process of civilizing or reaching a civilized state.
- Cultural or intellectual refinement; good taste.
- Modern society with its conveniences: returned to civilization after camping in the mountains.
I hope therefore that she was thinking of all the above additions in the ‘everything else’.
Finishing the essay and going over the thoughts in my mind recorded above, I started wondering, “Is my dislike of the above concepts due to any inherent prejudice against her? Was my opinion really as objective as I could get"
Now I had a dilemma. There were two articles of 32 pages each: one called “the ladies have feelings, so…” and another titled “democracy” (I could not have theoretically read both because IAM In IIMA)
Inky Pinky Ponky… the longer title.
The poor of
How? One clear example is the fact that we, Indians, do not have starvation deaths.
In spite of the increasing pressure on resources, In spite of majority of Indians being Poor. In spite of The Apathy of the Haves, The death rate is lower.
P.196~197: She gives a thesis on why she is considered a writer-activist “…because in my essays, I take sides…a writer…uncool, unsophisticated thing to do…but is it mandatory for a writer to be ambiguous …euphemisms for pusillanimity?”
Some days later, saw the same person, with hair cut short, protesting with the narmada bachao andolan.
Some more days later, saw the same person getting into some controversy with the supreme court.
P 199 last Para: “Is Corporatization... going to pull
What? Then I imagined that mosquito bite must be the name of a particular condition. Googled: bananas Mosquito bites. This is what turned up.