The divine right to comment and advise

"Why do you care?"" Who are you to ...?"
Why is it that some one who has known some one who had a tragedy gets a right to talk and more importantly advise about it?
Prof: Where is this guy ?He has not been attending classes. Is there some serious problem? You people can tell me.
The advised [aside]: Why the $)*^*&*) does he care?
Prof: Well, I am asking you because I had a class mate like that ... finally committed suicide in front of my eyes.
The advised [to himself]: Then it is ok. He has the RIGHT

Friend: Dude why are you allowing this petty topic to ruin your marriage?
The advised: Why do you care?
Friend: Because I my elder brother…
[A long sentimental story later]
The advised: Yes, I think you are right.
Are the natural in-built empathy and sympathy not enough?

Comments

Popular Posts