Internship post revived/Part 2

Due to the demand expressed by the readers of my blog and the efforts of Chintamani, I present the next part of the e version of what I scribbled During My Internship at G.K.N. Sinter metals Pune. If you want a recap, Click here.

22/05/05

Today:

8 am- Reached work

9 am- Doing nothing

9-9:30- Grub

Till 12:30-Wait for some Vendor

12:30- Deputy Manager of Lab talks to vendor and asks me to meet him after grub.

Till 1 pm- Wait

Till 1:30- Grub

Till 2:00- Wait for stores in-charge to give me Gate pass

Till 3:00- Wait for transport to get his clearance

Till 3:30- Land up in front of M.I.D.C W-116, S-Block instead of S-116, S-Block. Whatever is W-116 doing in S Block Anyway?

4:05- Finally inside the destination

4:50- Leave Company. No cash in hand. No balance in mobile.

5:20- Back in room

25/05/05

Why I eat where I eat

I am facing a Jet Lag. My body clock is running at Chennai Local Time. I still get hungry at all the times (in IST) I used to eat in the mess. But here the grub starts at the time grub would end there. I have been so hungry.

My night mess here, I have a special order for grub at 7:30 pm. It is in a house in the same street as a colleague Mr. Rajgude.

Also my appetite has been erratic.So Basically ,till I find a place of eating where the Soda is less and the food is cheap enough.

26/05/05

Observation: 1. Imagine you are in a bus or a similar mode of transportation. A stranger comes from behind and sits next to you. One prefers not to look in the general direction of the newcomer. He/she is almost invading your private space. It is like Sneezing with eyes open. One can force the self to do it. But the instinct is not to do so.

Observation 2: In Pune’s multiplexes, one finds a broad spread of different complexions among men .But the women will almost exclusively be in lighert complexions.Does it suggest a Bias of Neo-rich men for Lighter skinned consorts or a Desire among women to have lighter complexion?


30/05/05

I am feeling sleepy. Not mugged for CAT. Still I want to write this article before false memories set in.

Friday morning, I had to catch a bus from Pune University to Pimpri, Take bath and reach the plant before 8:00.Naturally, I was in haste and hurrying towards work, when I was overtaken by a girl/ woman(Sudarshan will not want me to put Female here) (which is probably the only time it has happened but that is not the reason for the post). As she overtook me, I saw only her profile in close up and my mind went “WOW!” All I now remember of her is that she wore a white top. She went left while I turned right. I just glanced at herfrom behind once. I don’t think I will meet her again, even if I meet her, I wouldn’t recognize her, and I don’t remember her face/hair style nothing. Just the emotion.

31/05/05

Pleasant overcast conditions for the past 3 days. Right now, I am sitting on the steps. Drizzle falling just in front. Sandy (room owner’s dog) dragging his chain around across the wall. Makes me think of taking time off for myself. Go eat chat (chinaar has brought grub from home). Pune, though close to Mumbai, does not have those typical fast foods. Here they are usually ‘Pav’ based. There is ‘Misal Pav’, the Pune equivalent of ‘Bread and Beer’ in terms of calorie count. Then, there is something called ‘Kachi Daabeli’ (raw dabeli) which I am afraid of trying out.

One question I have been mulling over recently. Why do I push myself and those around me? Why does the sight of someone taking shelter in rain egg me on to walk on? Why do I set tighter deadlines and budgets for me and my team even though a more lax one exists? Why do I push the girls I know to situations where they have to decide whether I can be ‘trusted’ or not?

Today, of the 3 projects, 1 almost came to completion. Now, I set a deadline; finish all 3 by this week. Why did I do that? I just wanted to.

Comments

Popular Posts