Question

From the beginning of my blog I have not mentioned the name of any girl. Even the three girls I link to are not named. Probably it is due to the way I was brought up .Till some time into engineering I used to get angry at those who mentioned a girl’s name along with mine in a manner of impropriety. It was a wonderful pastime for many: just make a passing comment that some girl has a crush on me or vice versa and watch while I put up a fuming performance of chastising them.

Coming back to the blog, it sometimes seems to be childish to not to mention the name. My friends anyway found out the name of the girl mentioned in my Internship article. I do not know if she would mind the fact that I have mentioned her without permission. There have been instances till the beginning of my third year when I have been rude and curt to many a girl due to the fear that conversing freely with them might give an impression that I am sexually attracted to them.

On the other hand is the Experience and wisdom of my elders.

I do not know. Please comment.

Comments

Dear Vinay..
you always did the right thing dude.. it is always right to avoid the name of a person, esp if u feel it might create a hype. Had u put the name in the blog, it would have created much more fuss which, probably would have gone out way past your friends circles. And the people who made fun of you are your close friends dude (at least they feel they are). So u can trust them not to bring any bad impression about you.
Finally, there is nothing wrong in others making fun of you in this manner. Haven't u faced numerous instances in school where the same things happened? If not, don't worry, u will get used to it. Just stop caring about it :)
About the last line, that is going rude to a girl, is bad. U need to be patient towards her. After all, u need a strong friendship in that line too, to understand and appreciate the ir feelings, emotions and worries. This is essential for a good social life.
I guess I have commented abt your doubt. If not, read only the first line.
Aradhya said…
It is OK to be attracted da...
No need to run away from that fact because it is not like any of us will succeed in it. :)

so drop names or not, it doesn't really matter.

BTW, i didnt get the name of the female you refered to on a platonic level... enlighten me.
Vinay said…
@Sriharshava
Dude You scare me .
If you did not understand my post forget others.

You have mentioned me in your blog.
Does that mean you are attracted to me?
Vinay said…
I Intend to mention that due to Chintamani (not the god) ,My question has been answered thus:
There is no unique all purpose answer to this question.So bEFORE POSTING the NAME, I SHALL ASK their individual PERMISSION.

Popular Posts