Saarang Post part 3

Day 2: Day of hectic quizzing. Now that I reminisce about it, there were only three events I attended.

India Quiz Finals: My first Saarang Quiz Finals. (Standing Ovation please). A mere mortal reading the next day’s newsletter would be pardoned for assuming that this was an insignificant event. But that speaks more about the incompetence of the coordinators to:

  • Find the time to collect information and type, instead resorting to copy-paste to fill the pages
  • Get the newsletter distributed on time at the hospi desk at least one day.

The coordinators (quiz ones) had gone the distance to get Questions. There were sitters (to prevent audience from leaving), and some rack the brain and find some clue to guess ones


There was this particular connect involving 3 pictures. One was Periyar (Tam bias?). Everyone was guessing this guy


As some Vaikom Basheer(Me 2 bulb) and giving some Tamil-Nadu politics connect when the right answer was movements for making some language an Official language in India. (If you are still reading, I would like to inform you that the guy in picture is Potti sriramulu who died while on a fast to make Telugu official language and the pic is of Purushottam Das Tandon who advocated Hindi as Official language of india)

If you look at the schedule you will notice that there was a mask painting workshop going on at the same time. I asked Aditya to go over and paint the mask I had made. He had no problem Painting them. When the Quiz Finals finished, Devvrath Khatri (hold those smiles till you learn his nick-name) came over .He showed Pictures of Masks. I asked him to show the mask Aditya had painted.

Devvrath: I did not see him there. Ya your mask was there unattended.

Me: Shorty!! (Kindly substitute this space with relevant Un-parliamentary words)!!!!!!

Odyssey quiz: Useful non-geeky Trivia: the special Nokia Phone alert for Messages is actually the Morse code for S M S.

. . . _ _ . . . ( 3 short beeps 2 long beeps 3 short beeps)

(See, I did mention that we quizzers are interesting, hilarious, charming …)

The Quizmaster continued his Cartoon network Bias with the Prelims question:

Which game has the following terms: Attack Ring, Weight Disk, and Bit Protector?
WE: Curling? Think of some tribal game, any game where somebody died? :-SS

Answer: Beyblade.

:(((( .

Anyway we had to come back .Concert to attend. Did I mention anyone that I dearly missed my Avon Wildfire when the Buses charged Rs 7 per person to Gajendra Circle from Gate?


Light Music Professional Show: Read the Newsletter for info on how good the concert was. Shankar Mahadevan had very Good Crowd Presence. He was spacing the Peppy ones with slow ones as Breathers. Some in the Crowd might complain about the lack of a single Tamil Song but he did appease the Tamilians in the crowd with a Medley of all his Tamil melodies. I still remember Singing along “Enna solla pogirai” from Kandukonden Kandukonden and noticing Prakriti with a surprised look on her face. ‘Tam song’, I told her. (Way to go Messiah).

During one of the hiatuses of the Melodies, I noticed that Nikhil (of the Kumar Class) was getting out the Line formation and entering the blind-spot of the Stage which would have severely endangered his mission (to enjoy the show). To safeguard the interests of my client I followed protocal G8T9 and initiated immediate contact . :)).

Me: what are you doing here?

Nikhil: Do you notice the guy in red sleeveless shirt?

[I pride my ability to see. It is the primary, most developed sense among humans.I was also complimented some time later on this faculty of mine. Turning around, I saw one matching the description occupying the position I had just vacated.]

Me: Yes, what of him?

Nikhil: He has been giving Gay vibes from the beginning.

Me: Arpan’ Jijaji is next to him!

Nikhil: Jijaji manage kar lenge. He is cool. (Though I second the motion, it certainly was a weird feel)

After the Physical exertion, we ate at the stalls (Did I mention that they were expensive?) and went roomwards.

Comments

@ look at the schedule: Where is it to look into it again?

which faculty daa?

and finally, while giving link for posting a comment, I need to go through ur personality everytime.. so please do something about it.

the saarang diaries are going on nice, waiting for the next two posts , please avoid the delay, which will die down junta's interest...
Vinay said…
The schedule has been linked.

which faculty daa?
:)The Faculty of sight

Popular Posts